Frequently Asked Questions
** WORK IN PROGRESS **
I came to realize that I’ve been answering the same questions over and over again, and why not just make a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page! On this page, you will find actual emails I have replied, and links to topics that I felt will be useful to answer your queries.
1. Why visit Malaysia?
2. When is the best time to visit Malaysia?
3. Where should I go?
4. Is Malaysia safe?
5. Do I need a VISA?
6. What’s the Malaysia Ringgit exchange rate
7. Is it safe for a woman to travel alone in Malaysia?
8. What is the best airline to get to Malaysia?
9. What travel itineraries will you recommend?
10. How to get to Kuala Lumpur city from the airport?
11. Do I need travel insurance?
12. What islands to visit?
13. What nature parks to visit?
14. Where is the best honeymoon destination?
15. Do you have any suggestions for day trips from Kuala Lumpur?
16. What is the weather in Malaysia?
17. Is the water in Malaysia drinkable?
18. Do you have any bus schedule?
19. Do you have any train schedules?
20. Singapore to Kuala Lumpur â€“ Train or bus?
21. Which express bus company should I use?
22. How do I claim tax refund for my purchase?
23. How to rent a car in Malaysia?
24. How to hire a car in Langkawi?
25. How to hire a car in Kuala Lumpur?
26. Is Malaysia a good place to travel with kids?
27. What to pack to Malaysia?
28. What to buy in Malaysia?
29. What to eat in Malaysia?
30. I don’t speak Malay. Must I learn it?
BOOKS, FILMS & MAGAZINES: Guides, novels, movies…
BUS: Singapore Malaysia express bus â€¦
CHILDREN: Travel with kids, food allergies, safety…
CLIMATE: Monsoon season, what to wear…
CRIME PREVENTION: See SAFETY
COMMUNICATIONS: Phones, mobile phones, Internet access…
CULTURE & CUSTOMS: Malaysia Customs…
CUSTOMS & IMMIGRATION: See BORDER FORMALITIES
ELECTRICITY: Plugs & sockets/points, conversion…
EXCHANGE RATES: See also MONEY
GEOGRAPHY: Map of Malaysia â€¦
HEALTH & MEDICAL CARE: Sick, and getting better…
ISLAM: Modern, friendly and tolerant…
INSURANCE: Auto, baggage, medical, trip cancellation …
INTERNET ACCESS: Lots of DSL and Wifi! More…
KIDS: Travel with kids, food allergies, safety…
LANGUAGE: Learning Aids & Courses, Useful Words
MONEY: Exchange rates, costs, credit cards, tips, ATMs…
RELIGION: Muslims, Christians, Buddhists,…
RESERVATIONS: Flights, rental cars, trains, hotels,…
SHOPPING: What to buy, bargaining…
TELEPHONE: See COMMUNICATIONS
TIME ZONE: GMT+8
TOURIST OFFICES: Foreign and at home…
VISAS: See BORDER FORMALITIES
WEATHER: Climatic regions, what to wear…
WOMEN TRAVELERS: What to wear, how to act, Women in Mosquesâ€¦