Firefly is a wholly owned subsidiary of national carrier Malaysia Airlines System Bhd., which has been struggling to make profits while competing with AirAsia on short-haul regional routes. The focus of Firefly is to give a community based services particularly in the Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle. It will also complement the routes not already be flown by Malaysia Airlines.
Firefly currently flies from two hubs, Penang and Subang in Kuala Lumpur. The domestic flights from Penang are Langkawi, Kota Bharu, Subang, Kuala Terengganu and Kuantan 14 times weekly as well as to Koh Samui and Phuket in Thailand 7 times weekly. The flights out of Subang are Penang, Langkawi, and Kota Bharu. The city of Medan in Indonesia has also been earmarked as a future destination.
How to book your tickets:
1. Via its website www.fireflyz.com.my
2. Via its call center at +603 7845 4543 (opens daily 8 am – 9 pm)
3. Via Penang Sales Office
4. Via appointed Malaysia Airlines Ticketing Offices in KLIA and KL Sentral in Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Langkawi, Kota Bharu, Kuala Terengganu and Kuantan
5. Via appointed Airline Marketing Representatives in Phuket and Koh Samui
6. Via any travel agents registered with Firefly